Tuesday, January 27, 2009

What's Your Bag?

I was tagged by the marvelous Matter Of Fact Mommy to show off my bag and it's innards. I know it's against the rules, but I had to take a picture of two bags. I have one bag that's acceptable with my uniform and another that I use at night and on the weekends.


First up, my "uniform" bag. It's a nice little black Coach that I justified due to the infinite uses of a little black bag. It can only hold the essentials - wallet, cell, lip gloss, keys - but it's perfectly serviceable (nice pun!) for the work day.

My weekender is a somewhat larger Kenneth Cole sloucher that I found at TJ Maxx. God I love TJ Maxx... It has two outside pockets and several pockets on the inside for all the little things a Mom requires:

nail clippers/nail file
Kleenex
panty liners
gum
lolly pops
calculator
Rolaids
Midol
ticket stubs
Sharpie
children's sunglasses
hair barrettes
headbands
three kinds of lip gloss and one lipstick
business card holder
pens

So, I just take the wallet and cell out of my work bag and throw them into the big one when I get home. The big green bag can hold a change of clothes and hair accessories for costume changes at the portrait place. It can hold a bottle of water and candy for the movie theater. It can hold a hand towel and Frisbee for the park. It's my "go to" bag and I love it to pieces. In fact, it will probably have to fall to pieces for me to let go of it.

So, part of this deal is to tag others, but honestly I feel like I've tagged anyone who would be likely to complete this one - if they haven't already! But, here's a few:

Stacie! It's been a while since I tagged you - right?
Amber D. from Everybodys Working For The Weekend.
Madame Queen - I know she's busy reading, but maybe?
Blueshi at Stay At Home Mom Going Quickly Insane
Hokgardener at The Days Are JUST Packed

Hope you all have fun! Can't wait to see what you've got!

5 comments:

hokgardner said...

Thanks for tagging me. I'll post later, but since my camera died last week (sob), there won't be any pictures.

Leandra said...

I've already got a post planned for tonight but I'll try to do this one tomorrow. I think there's another one you tagged me for that I never did -- I'm a terrible blogger, aren't I??

Unknown said...

OK, I will work on this sometime!

Unknown said...

you have a lemony award at my place.

1blueshi1 said...

thanks for the tag! as soon as I get my router purchased & hooked up, I will do this--I have a fantastic cobalt blue patent leather Maxx New York that I am DYing to show off!!!