Monday, January 26, 2009

Thank You!

I just wanted to post a thank you note to all of the commenters on this post about Muffin's Dad and him asking to claim her on his taxes so he can get divorced. I rarely post about him or his family and their relationship with Muffin and I because it's usually ugly and I try to keep things light. It was very comforting to read your thoughts and encouraging words. Thank you very much.


Sometimes I feel like I'm floundering my way through this ocean of life with no clear direction. I always second guess myself and usually try to avoid confrontation if at all possible. I usually give in because I keep hoping (in vain) that it will bring about less tension. However, I'm the only one who ever ends up making compromises while he walks all over us. Your kind comments gave me the strength and courage to stand up for myself and not cave in. It was long past due.


Thanks again, I hope that one day I can return the favor. :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

you already "return the favor" to me and all of my madness...and I appreciate YOU and your comments.

*HUGS*

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

back atcha, babe!

honestly, i feel like i would go clinically insane if it weren't for my blog and commenters like you who make me feel human in my misery (used lightly).

xoxo
:)

1blueshi1 said...

CONGRATULATIONS on standing up for yourself against increasingly irrational demands. I am learning how to do that for myself, and oh, it feels SO good, to say, NO. I have heard so many times about how we as women are trained from childhood to please, to say yes, to bend over backwards for others, and, most unfortunately, IT IS ALL TRUE!! I have spent the past twelve years trying to "do the right thing" instead of doing what I wanted to do, not in a selfish way, but in a "I know what's best for myself" kind of a way. (that's me. specific!)