Sunday, January 25, 2009

Sunday Scrapbook 1/25/09

On MLK day we watched "Pride & Prejudice" together and Muffin remarked that the ballroom dancing scene was similar to the dancing scene we watched during the Nutcracker performance at Chrysler Hall. She said "the boys stand across from the girls and then they run into each other, don't they?" Close enough!

Tuesday was supposed to have been a "snow day" according to the local weather idiots experts. Oh yes, a gigantic snow storm was to coat our region with 1-3" of snow but instead decided to go slightly south thereby leaving us with nary a flake. We stayed home anyway watching P & P again (at Muffin's insistance - that's my girl!) and knitting/playing with ponies.

The rest of the week was uneventful. We made the weekly pilgrimage to the library on Thursday and Muffin picked out a few more Bearinstein Bears books. She is lately obsessed with the B.B.s and I totally fine with that. There are lessons to learn in every book and I'm glad that she is interested in them.

Saturday morning I cleaned the house for the weekend visit from my parents. Muffin ate breakfast like a princess - which reminds me... How old do they have to be before they can run a vacuum cleaner anyway?

While fluffing pillows I discovered a cat who had made her home on faux fur throw burried deep in my couch. Zephyr's lair...

She was a little put out when I destroyed her nest in order to make the couch more presentable. I'm sure I'll find a little cat vomit present later for my efforts.

Mom and Dad came for one night to pick up a keyboard, visit the health food store and help me do an inventory of all the odds and ends that need to be taken care of before my house goes on the market. They will be coming back in Feb to help with the major stuff, but in the meantime I have a lot of little "prep work" chores to knock out. *sigh* At least I won't be bored!

Here they are with their only favorite grandchild. Thanks for the great visit! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

awe. love the one of muffin and her grandparents!