Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Mid-week schlump

We had an awesome weekend. We went to Taekwondo, ran errands, took a long walk to a local park, went to church, went shopping and because she had been such a good girl all weekend we watch a Little Einsteins movie.

(BTW, I love those Little Einsteins. Music, art and a little adventure equal quality entertainment in my eyes. I think Muffin has a crush on Leo because she talks about how she loves his red eyebrows. ?? Well, it's good to know that eyebrows can be found attractive because we both are cursed with monster brows. Moving on...)

Well, despite the great weekend she started off to another rough week. Misbehaving at school, not taking a nap, disturbing the other kids while they were trying to take a nap, yelling at the teacher, etc... I asked her about the behavior and she indicated that her little half-sister had been behaving that way. So, I phoned Muffin's Dad and he, typically, sounded bewildered and confused. He said that it was true his other kids were a little rambunctious, but that he was working on it. Whatever.

Finally, today I took her to her pediatrician, Dr. Beatty. Dr. Beatty has known Muffin since she was 8 months old. She agreed that Muffin may be imitating some bad behavior from her "other" home but in her opinion Muffin is really angry about something. Muffin is acting out for some unknown reason and needs to go to Muffin counseling to figure out what is going on in that little head.

That's right, Muffin Counseling. I pretty much knew she'd end up in therapy, but I was betting it would happen around age 13 or so. Well, by the time her teenage years roll around she'll be an expert! :)

So, that's where we're at. Remarkably, after I brought her back to school she had a great day. I think it might have had something to do with the little "deal" we struck in the car concerning her tea-set. The tea-set that sings a little song. The tea-set she loves very much. Let's just say, the tea-set was in danger of getting put away if she kicked another little boy in the shin. When I came to pick her up this afternoon I got big thumbs up signs from her teachers. A miracle had indeed occurred!

No comments: