Friday, February 8, 2008

Favorite Quote from Lost 4.2 "Confirmed Dead"



"I don't know, Miles. How stupid are you?"

I have never really been a Jack fan, but this episode may change my mind. He was actually pretty clever. Maybe I've just been dazzled by the hunkiness of Sawyer, but I don't recall much of a funny bone in Dr. Surgeon. Hmmm, I can't wait to see what new revelations will unfold.

Any way you slice it - last night's episode of Lost was excellent. New characters, new plot twists, a little ass kicking, a little intrigue. All the ingredients for a simmering pot of Lost stew. Mmmm... (maybe I should eat some dinner before finishing this post?)

I've read some interesting theories around the net today. Doc Jensen at EW says that the four new characters are parallel to the Fantastic Four. I like it! The writers are known for throwing in some crazy references to give fans a clue. Over at Buddy TV they have a dedicated crew of Easter Egg hunters that are willing to slave over interpretations for the rest of us slackers. This week the clues aren't very enlightening, but I'm not complaining.

For me, the most interesting bit of this episode was the introduction of new characters. We've been closeted with the same crew for three seasons. (That is, if you don't count the unfortunate Nikki and Paolo.) I'm glad to see a little fresh meat. I think Miles is refreshingly prickly; Dan is sweetly scatter brained, Frank Lapidus is scruffy - but sharp and Charlotte - well, she's something but I haven't figured it out yet. I guess she seemed the most ordinary of the bunch, despite having unearthed a polar bear skeleton, in the desert, with a Dharma collar. At this point all I can say about her is "meh."

So, why do they want Ben? I mean besides the obvious fact that he's certifiably insane and not opposed to a little murder. What connection does Charlotte have with the island that made her instantly recognize the Dharma symbol? Will Miles encounter the Jacob Ghost Shack? So many questions! I'm all shivery with anticipation!

No comments: