Friday, February 8, 2008

Favorite Quote from Survivor: Fans v/s Faves Episode 1



"I don't want Eliza turning around and trying to, you
know, snake me."


Parvati, Parvati, Parvati... Although I was surprised to see that she understood the first rule of Survivor (Thou Shalt Snake Thy Neighbor), it was the head action she performed with this quote that made me giggle. She had this prissy little head shake that instantly conveyed distaste with a dash of snobbery. It was quite amusing. She's already latched herself to James in what I like to call the "Attach yourself to the biggest guy in camp" strategy. Of course, we really can't fault her since it's all she really knows how to do.

Speaking of Eliza, I have to say - that chick is tough! The tumble she took during the challenge made me gasp with empathetic pain. Throughout the challenge she was looking dazed and shaken too. It must have been a doozy of a wipeout. Over at EW Dalton Ross indicates that the challenge wasn't even shown in its entirety! Apparently there was a whole other section of hell to navigate that cart through. Also, J.P. scolded the Faves for trying to sabotage the Fans cart. Awesome! Too bad they didn't show that part. :(

(Is anyone else missing Survivor Live? I know I am. Now I have to find other ways to waste time at work... Never fear though, Mr. Ross will be co-hosting another Internet show featuring the cast-off of the week. It's called Survivor Talk and it's over at EW.com. I'm sure it will be every bit as campy. Yay!)

Overall I was pretty impressed the Fans showing at the challenge. They were really motivated to kick their favorite Survivor's butts. At camp, the Fans seem to be you typical assortment of loonies. To quote Mikey B:


"Our tribe, it consists of: Big Bird, we've got a Southern Princess, the Incredible Hulk, we've got Jon Bon Jovi in his prime, and then we've got Queer Eye for the Straight Guy. This is going to be a crew, lemme tell ya."

I kind of like Mikey B. He's cute-ish and seems witty. Also, he appears to have that uncanny ability to give people appropriate nicknames on sight. (Not unlike a certain other TV heart throb of mine.) Still, we'll see how it pans out. I like to back the strategists and I'm not seeing a clear front-runner in the Fan camp. I hope somebody steps up to the plate.

Even though the episode ended with a whimper, I was still entertained. The wipeout, the love connections, the sheer bat-shit craziness of Kathleen... All good stuff. Next week should prove to be entertaining in a voyeur-ish sort of way if what the promos are showing us is true. Ozzy and Amanda getting nasty in the jungle! (Did you see his jaw action when he was kissing her? I swear it was completely unhinged!) Guess we'll have to wait to see those other talents of Mr. Lusth.

No comments: