Thursday, November 6, 2008

Who's Special Now?

The scene: Dinner Table
The Players: Muffin and Me


Me: You're the most special person in the world to me, Muffin. You know that?

Muffin: Mmmm-hmmm. (sips milk in agreement)

**insert lengthy pause* *

Me: So, um, like, who is the most special person in the world to you? (slightly pushing the envelope for reasons of self esteem)

Muffin: Well, (sips more milk), I'd have to say Grandmama.

Me: (thoroughly rebuffed) Oh. I see. Alright, I'm going upstairs to the bathroom and cry run your bath. Please come up when you have put your dishes on the counter.

The scene: The Bath
The Players: Muffin and Me

Muffin: Mama! The water is too COLD!

Me: Shoot! Yesterday it was too hot! I can't seem to get it right. (joking) Do you want a new Mama?

Muffin: No. You're a special Mama.

Me: (thinking "finally!") Really? How am I special? (and that is what is called "seriously pushing the envelope into regions best left a mystery")

Muffin: You're special because you can't seem to do anything right. You forgot my vitamins too!

And there you have it. Simply ask your preschooler for their honest thoughts. I'm sure it will both humble and amaze you. Apparently I'm special in the "short bus" sense of the term. But, hey - at least I'm special! Beep Beep!!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

roflmao...that is classic.

MichelleB said...

That was hilarious and cute! Recently my daughter and hubby bought me a gorgeous pair of diamond earrings from www.idonowidont.com for my birthday. My daughter told my hubby 'mommy only loves bling!'

So I'm the bling mommy apparently!