Thursday, November 13, 2008

Celebrity Liquor

This past weekend I had the good fortune to visit with my sister in her new home. She and her husband are blissfully happy (which may or may not make a single person gag) and their home is lovely. We invited a mutual friend over for some drinks and a cookout - it was awesome. I had more genuine belly laughs than I have had in a long, long, time.

I miss living with my sister for many reasons - but one of the top ten has to be her fearless attitude when it comes to trying out new liquor. I could never predict what she would come home with, she probably couldn't either! It would take her at least an hour to drive two miles to the liquor store, peruse the shelves and pick out something interesting and new.

I, being the big-fat-fraidy-cat that I am, go straight to the vodka (sometimes gin) section, grab the old standby and head to the cash register. Sissy goes up and down the aisles like a kid in a candy store. Picking up a bottle here, reading a label there, admiring a nice display of half-nekkid women with rum...

One time she came back with some Ciroc, a type of vodka (she knows me so well!) I asked what inspired her to pick up that particular bottle. She answered:

"It's the vodka that Bobby Brown makes."

"That's..." I searched for the right word "interesting!" I finally responded. Hey, I pick out bottles of wine because the labels are pretty! Who am I to fault her for picking out liquor based on a drug addled celebrity?

Imagine my surprise when I eventually saw a commercial for this vodka with P. Diddy lounging amid scantily clad women. I laughed and told Sissy about her mix-up. Well, they both wear sunglasses but I'm not sure that P. Diddy would be amused at the reference.

She just shrugged "Whoever made it did a good job." Details are clearly unimportant in these matters.

Now my sissy is happily picking out celebrity liquor for her husband. I'm very happy for them both and I hope I get the opportunity to hang out and enjoy another fun evening soon. One good night of laughter is worth more than Prozac to me. Thanks Sissy!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

roflmao...kinda shows her age too, mistaking P. Diddy and Bobby Brown. *giggle*

PorkStar said...

lol that was cute... i still dont know who is who

Unknown said...

Me either. I wouldn't know bobby Brown from P. Diddy or Ice T. Well, that isn't quite true. I know who Ice T is, I see him on Law & Order all the time.