Sunday, May 4, 2008

Why not?

Why not just stay in our pajamas all day? After all, it's thunderstorming outside (as if the tornadoes earlier this week weren't enough!) We have the windows open, listening to the rain and the birdsong, feeling and smelling the cool wet breeze. So, why not just relax and enjoy this day where nature gives us a perfect excuse to do nothing?

Because my four-year-old - the task master, the slave driver - won't have it.

"What are we going to do today Mama?"

"Um, I was thinking we'd stay in our jammies and watch Disney movies!"

"No, I don't think so. I think you need to put some clothes on me. And on you."

"Really?"

"Yes Ma'am. We need to go somewhere. You need to buy me some shoes."

"Oh."


*Sigh* So much for a lazy Sunday. Target - here we come!

5 comments:

Madame Queen said...

Can I go, too?! I'm *dying* to get out of the house.

Anonymous said...

I hate that shit too. ALWAYS on the day I just feel like being a total slug, the boys are like "Please tell us we are going somewhere exciting today!!!"

Meanwhile, when I have places to go, they're like, "Can't we just watch ONE MORE Spongebob?"

Laura B. said...

Ha! gotta love those kiddos.

Unknown said...

WHOA...she is a girl ;) hope your shoe shopping was a success!

calicobebop said...

No shoes. :( But we did get bathing suits and NEW pajamas!