Friday, May 16, 2008

Attack of the Zombie Squirrel

This morning we were attacked by a squirrel. I am not even joking about this. I was busy surfing the web cleaning when I heard some strange noises coming from the vicinity of the sliding glass door. Turns out my cat Zephyr was banging herself against the door trying to get to the squirrel on the other side. The squirrel that was trying to get INSIDE!

It was pacing back and forth, scratching at the glass and making weird chittery noises. I was instantly reminded of those awful zombie movies. (You know, where the zombies surround your house and look for ways to get at the main characters!) I tapped the glass and it chittered at me but didn't go anywhere. This may be the point where sensible people call animal control or ghost busters - but not me. I went for the camera.

Have you ever tried to take a picture through a filthy sliding glass door? All you get is "flash" but thankfully the flash was all it took to scare the beast away. The damn thing didn't go very far though, it ran up the pine tree, turned around and started yelling at me about how it was going to feast on my brains and waving it's tail in a very threatening manner.

Then to make matters worse, it's little buddy came down and started yelling at me too. Clearly they were planning an attack and I was already thinking how funny my obit was going to read. Thankfully we were all saved by a robin whose dive-bomb out of nowhere spooked the little savages and sent sent them scurrying off.

A heroic bird saved us the zombie squirrels.

Is it too early in the day to start drinking?

3 comments:

Tootsie Farklepants said...

This would be one of those moments where your Girl Scout manual would come in handy. There must be something in there about making a slingshot out of your bra.

calicobebop said...

You're so right. Why didn't I ever join the Girl Scouts!!

WORKING MOM said...

Had a friend that had a flying squirrel in her house. She is an alcoholic, so it wasn't too early for her to start drinking, but I think that it enlongated the stay of the squirrel in her house.