Saturday, May 17, 2008

When the roses bloom again...

If you have a minute, please take a listen to this song.

It's sappy, but it's indicative as to why I still listen to NPR and why I'm still in the service of the US Navy.


I heard this song on "A Prairie Home Companion" earlier this evening.

It made me cry.

I believe that this song is symbolic of why war is both horrible and beautiful at the same time.

I can not identify this song with anyone I know - or their loved ones. However, I realize that in this- I am an innocent.

I am forever grateful of that kind of innocence.

I am forever grateful for those that give me this innocence.

Semper Fidelis. Hoo Ra. God Bless.

1 comment:

WORKING MOM said...

I can't even get through the Star Spangled Banned without a tear, and then when I watch military people at gatherings, the tears just roll. So much respect for you and all that work so hard for the nation.