Saturday, May 31, 2008

Muffin is awesome.

Yeah, yeah I know - I'm supposed to say that. But seriously though, my daughter rocks. Here are three things that make her super cool (aside from the fact that she's potty trained and can eat out without a booster seat).

1. The fact that she completely made up a word two years ago and continues to use it. This word is "alsoly" or maybe it should be spelled "awesoly" I'm not sure. Anyway, she uses it instead of "also" and she uses it instead of "always." So it's a multipurpose word and being a multitasking type gal - I can dig it.

2. The fact that she offered to clean up the cat sick this morning. I mean, really. That's the whole reason to have kids - isn't it? So that they can fetch beer (in my case, wine) and clean up? At four she has already secured her spot in the household.

3. The fact that she sincerely wants to be self-sufficient and is eager to learn ways/things that will make her more so. You go Muffin! You're on your way to ensuring that you'll never be let down because you can always do for yourself. Case and point - the DVD controls. She absolutely HAS to be in control of the remote. If she doesn't know what's going on, she'll ask but she won't relinquish control. Again, like mother - like daughter.

So yeah. She rocks. Sometimes I want to strangle her with whatever is available, but mostly I'm just glad that she "allows" me to hug her and plant a big fat wet kiss on her cheek. I love you Muffin! May you always be as independent, helpful and completely self reliant as you are right now.

4 comments:

Burgh Baby said...

Muffin had Alexis beat at "potty trained." I think we're going to be keeping Pampers in business until at least 2030. Ugh.

I love when kids combine words to create super-words. Alexis is currently doing it with, "Hup." It's help + up. I lurve it!

WORKING MOM said...

Hey, she is great, and not just because she's your babe. SHe sounds delightful.

Unknown said...

so sweet...and SEE you're capable of posting about things other than HOT MEN. :)

Madame Queen said...

Independent girls ROCK! They can also be a pain in the ass at times, but mostly they rock.