Friday, March 21, 2008

Programming note... WTF?!?!?!

I realize that the bulk of my posts concern certain TV shows that I like to watch. However, this does not necessarily mean that I watch TV all the time, at all hours of the day, or at all - if truth be told. Really, I rely on my DVR to record the episodes of Lost as well as the plethora of "reality" TV that I enjoy. I mean, not that I'm trying to justify my addiction or anything, I am endeavoring to foster a relatively "TV FREE" household after all. For the sake of my daughter! (insert Suzanne Somers and a bunch of doe-eyed babes)

Seriously, do you have any idea how much I rely on Netflix? I am not attempting to promote Netflix or any of their competitors, I am simply stating that rental DVDs are my preferred choice of viewing medium. In fact, if you really want to know, you'll find a great deal of English murder mysteries as well as a smattering of Japanese anime on my Netflix queue. What that says about me, I'm not sure. Perhaps I don't even want to know myself... I digress.
In my last post I lamented the fact that I had a golden opportunity to watch two of my favorite shows with someone who follows them as avidly as I do. I was annoyed, to say the least, that Lost had been preempted by a stupid NCAA basketball game. (I mean, who the F*** cares about basketball when we're talking about Sun's baby? Am I right? OK?!?!) This week I experienced a similar disappointment. Alone. Without the comfort of another outraged individual.

I was at work, doing my best to avoid both work and homework since not only had I been out of the office for a week but the new semester had recently dumped a crap-ton of time consuming "learning material" in my lap. (You see why I need to escape, right?) So, I'm perusing one of my favorite sites for popular culture, EW.com, when I notice that a recap of Survivor is available. On Thursday. The day that Survivor is supposed to air. I glanced briefly to make sure that I wasn't missing a recap from last week, you know, where Chet sucked ass. Sure enough, it was a completely new recap. Want to know why? BECAUSE SURVIVOR HAD AIRED ON WEDNESDAY DUE TO SOME STUPID NCAA BASKETBALL CRAP!!!!!

I'm not an angry or bitter person (and if you ever say that I am, I will hunt you down. I know where you live) but I would like some sort of "heads up" if this type of thing is going to become a regular phenomenon. Yes, yes... there have been numerous seasons where Survivor has been preempted by something or another. But it's been publicized! Usually at the end of the previous episode! I know! I've re-set my VCR because of stupid NCAA tournaments in the past! But this time I was totally left out of the loop! What happened?!?! Was I having such a good time at Debentropy's house that I failed to register the programming note from CBS? Or did CBS just screw me because they know that I only turn on the boob tube to watch previously recorded shows or movies? Conspiracy? You tell me!

No comments: