Tuesday, January 26, 2010

I *heart* Top Gear

Those of you that know me (ish) may have come to the conclusion that I'm fairly girly and not at all into things like sports, spitting, muscle cars or bugs. And that would be 99% true. The one exception in my world is Top Gear.


I fucking LOVE this show. LOVE IT! I cannot make it through an episode without tears of laughter streaking down my face. I love these guys:


Mostly because they are English and funny but I have always had a special place in my heart for people that really know their shit. And these guys really, really, really know cars. The talk about cars and various car related things like a sommelier talks about fine wine - kinda above my head but damn, it's sexy to listen to. And Jeremy (below) walks on water as far as I'm concerned.

They review various extremely fast and utterly unaffordable cars, have celebrities do a round on their practice track, as well as carry off unbelievable stunts such as the picture below which was taken during their Lorry Test.


Yep. It's one stop entertainment and I'm hooked. Whenever I'm feeling down all I have to do is watch an episode of Top Gear to get my bounce back. Thanks Jeremy, Richard and James! If we ever meet, I'll buy you a pint. And Stig, if we ever meet... I'll just point you to the nearest racing track.

Also, did you know that you can't use the "less than three" combination to make a little heart? Blogger thinks you're trying some kind of html tag. Learn something new every day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Justin loves that show! It is a regular on the DVR and I agree it is extremely funny and fun to watch!

Elliott said...

Oh, Top Gear. What would I do without it?

Kris said...

I've never heard of this show; I'm going to have to DVR it and see what it's all about!

Anonymous said...

I was thinking of you today during Wow Wow Wubzy Calico.

Cars? Eh, I like to drive em.

Missie said...

We DVR Top Gear and I LOVE IT! What an awesome and extremely piss-your-pants funny show. I wish we lived near each other so we could watch Top Gear together. :)

Barbara said...

Oh, less than 3 - I've always wondered but could never be bothered to look closely enough to check!

Top Gear - oh happy days. It's great, and you're right, Jeremy is pretty much god-like!

Leandra said...

I am *dying* to know who the Stig is. And while I love Jeremy, it's Richard that I have the teensiest crush on (even though he's kind of small himself).