Thursday, June 4, 2009

Where Have I Been?

Running around like a crazy person - that's where.

Update on house:

I signed the closing paperwork last Friday but due to some glitch with the A/C am still not sure where I stand. I haven't used the a/c since April because it has been fairly mild. The buyer was convinced that it didn't work. I had to call my home warranty people to come out and the first guys they sent said the entire unit needed to be replaced. This is news to me because it FUCKING WORKED IN APRIL! Also, the dude said that the warranty probably wouldn't pay for it since it was due to lack of preventive maintenance. Which is untrue because I had preventative maintenance done on it 18 months ago.

Second opinion guy came out yesterday and basically said the same thing. Now I'm waiting to hear if the warranty people will spring for a new unit or if I'm going to have to forgo the proceeds on my house to pay for a new one. grr..

Either way, I have to be out of the house by 30 June and that doesn't leave me much time to get my affairs in order. Thankfully I have a very good friend who is leaving town for three months to visit her family in WA and has invited Muffin and me to house sit for her. THANK YOU BABY JESUS! We have a place to go. Now I just have to get the rest of the house packed up and in storage. Not looking forward to that...

Update on resignation:

Getting out of the military is a pain in the ASS! So much to do! And not a lot of helpful people to guide you either. I'm basically on my own and pissed about it because all the admin folks are pointing fingers at each other and not trying to step up to the plate.

I still have to get my separation physical, all of my records, a ton of signatures that say I'm not leaving with government secrets and then make an appointment with a clerk in personnel to go over everything and make sure I'm leaving legally before I can get out. Not at all like leaving a civilian job. Not. At. All.

So that's me in a nutshell. I'm freaked out about the a/c, freaked out about my household goods and moving them, freaked out about not getting everything done before it's time for me to go on terminal leave and basically FREAKED OUT in general.

Sorry I'm a bad bloggy friend. I hope to catch up with everyone soon. It's looking like the month of June is going to be a doozy.

6 comments:

Mary said...

awww- I am so sorry things are so screwed up right now! It will all work itself out in the end...you'll see. smooches!

Samsmama said...

UGH! The guy is on his way right now to see why our AC isn't running. This SUCKS!

Hang in there! And YAY or a place to stay! That worked out nicely!

hokgardner said...

hang in there!

Unknown said...

what??? the house sold???? awesome...send those selling vibes my way so I can freak the fuck out too!

Kris said...

The AC news sucks. The same thing happen to me when I sold my house in Alaska but it was the furnace which worked fine the entire time and when we went to do the last inspection they said it had to be replaced.
I feel you on the getting out of the military too; been there, done that. No fun.

PorkStar said...

oh my, so sorry to hear about the bumps in the road. But it'll be fine, I'm sure.