Thursday, June 25, 2009

Going Bananas

I know that it's been a while since I posted or was able to comment on anyone's blog. Sorry! I promise to be a better blog friend once I'm on leave and able to breathe (hey - that rhymes!).

Monday and Tuesday the Navy packers and movers packed up and moved my household goods stuff into non-temporary storage. The previous Sunday was spent running around like a crazy person trying to sort out all the shit I couldn't live without for the next six months. CRAZY!! Already I've remembered a couple of items that should have been kept out - but too late now! Oh well!

I asked Muffin to sort through her toys before going to stay at her daddy's house and she managed to come up with one full box. I was actually impressed, she went through her closet. I thought for sure she would just pick up whatever she laid eyes on but it seems as though a little planning happened in there. Awww, my little organizer.

When I asked her if she was sure that she had taken out everything she needed she just shrugged. "If I forgot something you can buy it for me again."

Oh really? Kids certainly learn fast.

Anyway, I'm comforted by the fact that this is the last Thursday I'll ever be in this office. Tomorrow, the last Friday I'll ever work in this office, I'm going for my separation physical. Fun. Then Saturday I'm renting a Uhaul van to haul my left-over crap to the house I'm looking after for a friend. More fun. In the middle of all this I'm cleaning my house and trying to make a graceful exit.

I hope to have more time to comment and catch up soon! Next Tuesday at noon I will check outta here. Whew, the long strange trip is almost over. Thank GAWD! And thanks for bearing with me. :)

6 comments:

hokgardner said...

Good luck with everything!

Unknown said...

thinking about you!

Tina said...

Good luck with everything!

Samsmama said...

I like the way Muffin thinks!

Mary said...

good luck! we'll be here when you get back :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you're exit will be beautiful. Good luck and looking forward to seeing you back again.