Monday, June 8, 2009

Pants Wars - A Contest!

In an effort to bring some light hearted humor to this often humorless blog I present...

A list wherein certain words from the beloved Star Wars movie were substituted with the word "pants." Please see the original article as well as the other nominees here.

The top fifteen:
I find your lack of pants disturbing.
You are unwise to lower your pants.
The Force is strong in my pants.
Chewie and me got into a lot of pants more heavily guarded than this.
Your pants, you will not need them.
I cannot teach him. The boy has no pants.
You came in those pants? You’re braver than I thought.
Governer Tarkin. I should have expected to find you holding Vader’s pants.
In his pants you will find a new definition of pain and suffering
I think you just can’t bear to let a gorgeous guy like me out of your pants.
Pull up! All pants pull up!
I sense the conflict within you. Let go of your pants!
I’ve just made a deal that will keep the Empire out of our pants forever.
Alderan is peaceful, we have no pants!
These aren’t the pants you’re looking for.

I must say, the very last line has historical significance for me. Aww, I have lost my pants in the past - haven't you?

Tell me which line is the most significant in your life and I'll send a "Star"bucks gift card to the most convincining commenter. Contest ends on Thursday 11 June 09. Have fun!

Enjoy the list - especially if you're a Star Wars fan.

3 comments:

hokgardner said...

Mine would definitely be "In his pants, you will find a new definition of pain and suffering." It completely describes Campbell's penis injury a few months back - http://hokgardner.blogspot.com/2009/04/another-er-visit.html.

Unknown said...

ok, this is hilarious...but I don't like Starbucks so don't reward me.

My favorite is:

I sense the conflict within you. Let go of your pants!


Right, cause I have to wear the "pants" in a relationship as a form of control. Which causes much conflict in myself, young grasshoper. Therefore, I must let go of the pants and hope that others will let go of their pants and good times will be had.

and that can be spun on so many different levels.

Mary said...

These aren't the pants you're looking for...
My husband loses everything- and is horrible at even asking for what he lost. For example:
have you seen my keys? No not those keys.
Did you see my wallet anywhere?
I can't find my screwdriver- not not the flat head the Phillips.
Where is that one pair of pants?
To which I found that one pair pants...and he said no, not those. I responded, not the black ones? He said, those are blue. I explained they were black and I thought that's what he was looking for...fast forward 5 minutes to him grumbling thru the closet only to find...that those were in fact the pants all along.
Sigh.