Monday, February 2, 2009

Brought to by the letter...

I'm going to play along with something I saw over at Stacie's Blog - it's called "Brought to you by the letter..." game.

Here’s how it works...

You leave a comment (asking for a letter) on this post, and I’ll assign you a letter. You write about ten things you love that begin with your assigned letter, and post it at your place. When people comment on your list, you give them a letter, and the chain continues on and on.

Stacie assigned me the letter "C" and says she can't wait to "c" what I come up with. hee hee...

1. Cats - I have two and I love them dearly. They have their own little quirks and sometimes tempt me to skin them alive, but on the whole they have been my best friends for nearly 15 years.

2. Camera - Love, love, love my camera. I especially like being behind the lens, that way I avoid those troublesome shots that always make my ass look the size of a football field. Yes, me and my butt are better off taking the pictures.

3. Change - and I don't mean the loose kind. No, I like to keep things fluid and switch things up every now and then. It's one of the main reasons I joined the military - you can be assured that you will never get bored in the military! Change is good and it keeps me from stagnating.

4. Challenge - And by this I mean "intellectual" not "physical." For almost for the same reasons as I like change - I don't like to be bored and I love to learn. I especially like it when I complete a challenging task, it makes me feel quite satisfied. Not that it happens very often...

5. C-cups - I only had them when I was preggers but I loved the size of my ta-tas then! Sadly, they went away after I quit breast feeding and now, well... let's not dwell on what remains.

6. Cheese - Mmm, I love cheese. Especially the Tillamook Extra Sharp Cheddar that I haven't been able to find since I left WA. However, I'm making do with Cabot.

7. Comfort - As in Comfort Food, Comfort Clothing, Comfortable Shoes, etc... Nothing beats eating homemade mac&cheese, in sweats, wearing slippers. Does it? No, I didn't think so.

8. Color - I love bright colorful things (you should see the rugs I brought back from the Middle East) almost as much as I love coloring my hair. As I'm nearly 100% gray I consider myself a blank slate. Each year it's something a little different. Right now I'm going with a chestnut brown but come summer time... break out the highlights!

9. Classics - Classical literature, classic movies, etc... I love a good story that relies more on dialog and character development rather than special effects. Give me Jane Austen and Alfred Hitchcock any day of the week!

10. Christmas! My favorite time of the year. It's about the only time I get to see my whole family at once and we have a great time together. I love the Christmas spirit, buying/making gifts, baking cookies, basking in the glow of the Christmas Tree, watching my daughter's face light up when she opens her gifts... It's magical.

So, if you feel like playing the game (or, if you're having writers block and need something to blog about) drop me a comment and I'll assign YOU a letter. It's fun!

9 comments:

hokgardner said...

I'll play along. Assign me a letter.

Unknown said...

woohoo, that is awesome, good job!

Missie said...

I'd love a letter!

Amber D. said...

Sure, why not... I'll take a letter!

ATenorio said...

This game it totally C for Cute! Can I have a letter???

Chris said...

LOL I loved #5. I'm with ya sister! (Already played. No letter needed)

Anonymous said...

Ok, I'll take a letter. :)

MommyTime said...

This is a great list. It's fun to learn more about you. I've been feeling a little writer's block lately. I'd be happy to have a letter. Thanks!

Sassy Pants said...

I want a letter! I need some blog fodder...my brain has been on pause for the last week.

word verification: trucilin

Like penicillin for your truce.