Monday, December 1, 2008

Last Week In Cute Quotations

Muffin is a veritable fount of adorable quotes, in my opinion. Most of our conversations seem to occur in the car. Probably because we spend half of our life there... Last week alone prompted these scenarios:

In the car on the way to ballet class:


Me: "Did you know that I get to observe your ballet class tonight? I can't wait!"

Muffin: "Yes, I know that. I know everything."

Me: "Everything? Really?"

Muffin: "Yes." pause "Well, except for the things I don't know - of course!"

Me: "Obviously..."

In the car on the way home:


Muffin: "Do you see that jet?"

Me: "Yes, it's flying very low isn't it?"

Muffin: "Why is it flying low?"

Me: "Uh, I dunno"

Muffin: "I think it's because it doesn't want to hit Jesus." pause "It's not nice for people to hit Jesus is it?"

Me: "No, no it isn't..."

In the car on the way to school:

Muffin: "I think that it's raining and snowing at the same time. I see the plops in the puddles"

Me: "Well, either way they're both a form of precipitation"

Muffin: "What's that?"

Me: "It means they're both made out of water molecules."

Muffin: "Oh," pause "You know, momecules is a rhyming word for mom."

I love how non-plussed she is by words she's not familiar with. She will always find some way to work them into our conversations. Last week it was the word "mistaken" which she mispronounced "mistaking." She was quite earnest when she told me that she was mistaking concerning a certain My Little Pony episode.

I'm positive that I will hear both the words "precipitation" and "momecule" in the very near future. I can't wait.

5 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

I miss having small children...my kids say funny things but not nearly so sweet!

Yes, jets please don't hit Jesus.

Tootsie Farklepants said...

I laughed right out loud at the Jesus comment. For reals.

Sassy Pants said...

You know we could probably write a book on all of the cute conversations we've had with baby boy. The stuff that comes out of their mouths just amazes me!

Unknown said...

oh i love kids...and their "quotes"

those are great...it is not nice to hit anyone, especially Jesus.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

adorable! such a cute age. seriously, they love to think that they know everything. my (almost) 5yr old son is similar in that he makes up words and meanings, etc. he has a lego table full of lego men and some of them are star wars-themed. he calls the storm troopers, CLORN TROOPERS. i think it's a mix between storm trooper and clone wars, perhaps? eh, who the hell knows! fun though, isn't it?