Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friday Morning Randomness

While I was fixing my hair this morning my nose began to bleed. I have NO IDEA why - I swear I'm not doing drugs!

As a matter of fact, to answer Midwest Mommy's question from yesterday, that's why I have to pee in front of somebody for urinalysis - to ensure that my drug-free pee is my own. Because the military has a zero tolerance policy on drugs and you would be surprised how creative people can be when they are about to get busted. Though in my case I wish they would just take my word for it because I have a shy bladder and it takes FOREVER! I digress...

Anyways, I was a little alarmed at the tide of blood gushing out of my nose so I put a tissue up in there and commenced with the hair dressing. Then I came downstairs to put on my shoes and get the Muffin ready to leave the house.

When Muffin spied my interesting nose attire she asked "Mama, why do you have tissue sticking out of your nose?"

I sat down in a dining room chair to put on my shoes and told her that my nose was bleeding.

Then Muffin knelt in front of me, put her hands on my knees, looked up into my face and said - I shit you not - "That is a very sad existence."

Not sure where she picked up that phrase or even the concept of a "sad existence," but I suppose I should be glad her vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds. I'm also glad that the nose bleed stopped before I had to go anywhere in public. Sad existence indeed...

5 comments:

knittergran said...

Hi-thanks for the nice note-as a kntter, you might like the site Ravelry.com.
You need to join (no charge) and it's a wealth of knitting information and resources. Plus you get your own pages to keep track of your projects.
Now, back to knitting!!
(Beware, it can become an addiction, especially when you have a cute young someone to knit for :-)

Unknown said...

There are times - just times, mind you - when I am sure that being out here as a blogger is going to either qualify me as a gynecologist, someday, or force me to become a total voyeur.

Mrs. G. said...

You might have a future actress on your hands.

Elle Charlie said...

Oh ho - whoa! That is quite a big vocabulary - it's always the best when they just happen (or at least we think it must just be luck?) to use a phrase like that, that they just picked up, under perfect circumstances...

Unknown said...

roflmao...that is so cute!!!