Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Pre-Christmas Stress Fest

This week I have gotten a tattoo, baked my ASS off and managed to slip in a visit to the Virginia Symphony in between bouts of housecleaning, shopping and -oh yeah - work.

The tattoo is doing fine, a little itchy but fine. I may ask my sister to take a picture of it over the holidays so I can post it - but I am reserving the right to delete ANY photo that suggests a hint of back-fat. In other words, don't get your hopes up.

The baking/cleaning/wrapping frenzy has continued all week because I'm leaving work this afternoon to visit a friend in her new home before going to my parents house. I won't be back home until after the New Year and let me tell you, planning for two weeks of "fun" is no fun at all. I have to get all of the Christmas gear, clothes and stuff for me as well as clothes and stuff for Muffin (who I am getting back the day after Christmas) all together and if I forget anything I will have to drive 2 1/2 hours back home to get it. STRESS!!

Thank God for the baking because nothing takes the edge off of stress like some Christmas cookies! (Well, except maybe for Vodka - but the last time me & Vodka hooked up I wound up with a tattoo) I tried out a new recipe for Double Chocolate French Sable Cookies this year. It looked pretty straightforward, if a little more ambitious than my usual Christmas fare. At one point in the recipe I was supposed to divide the recipe in half and roll it into logs.

As I was doing so I noticed that my log of chocolate sable cookies looked remarkably like a turd. What do you think?

Yeah. Turd cookies. Well, they taste good anyway. Hope everyone has a happy stress-free holiday season! I don't know what kind of blogging I'll get done over the next two weeks but I'll be sure to comment on everyone else's posts! Merry Christmas!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Yes it does look like a turd. Bet it taste good. Drinking and baking go good together..it's better then drunk dialing..Merry Christmas

Unknown said...

roflmao, I thought when I saw the picture, whoa that doesn't look apetizing, however, um, I eat just about anything even if it does resemble a turd.

Unknown said...

Yup. You ought to tread carefully around the Vodka. And Yup. That thing looks like a turd. Although I'm willing to bet it probably tastes better than what it looks like.

Elle Charlie said...

Uch, holiday stress is the WORST. Sorry you are feeling the pressure. It does look like a turd cookie - sorry! Taste is all that counts, right?

blognut said...

Yup, sorry. It does look like a turd. Enjoy your time away.

GoteeMan said...

Yep, turd...

Merry Christmas!