Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Where did the time go?

Life has been moving pretty quickly these days! My sister's wedding, her move, my parents big European vacation, my daughter's dreadful visit to her dad, school starting, hurricane planning... The list goes on and on. Rather than go into all the gory details I'm just going to start fresh.

For the past couple of weeks I have been living as an official single mom. It's amazing how much I relied on my sister to be here for Muffin when I needed to run an errand or go get a mystic tan. :) Muffin and I are adjusting well, I think, and we're developing our own routine.

Muffin started dance lessons again last night! This is her first year on the barr (whatever that means) and she's wearing all black. That's right - all of the PINK leotards and tights from last year are now unacceptable. Does anyone else smell a conspiracy? At any rate, I knew she would need new shoes so I didn't begrudge that purchase. I suppose that I should be grateful for the opportunity to shop for cute little dresses and such, but I'm still getting over the economical sting.

This morning we're going to visit Muffin's ENT doc to check on the progress of her ear tubes. She has been free of ear infections since they were put in last year and we are very grateful. After the check-up she will go to school and I will go to work and write a paper that is due on Friday. I've had three weeks to write it but ONCE AGAIN I put it off until the last second. I am so predictable.

This weekend we're supposed to get hit by Hurricane Hanna. It shouldn't be a direct hit but I'm going to stock up on water, Pop Tarts and Vienna Sausages just in case.

Well, that's about it for now... Thanks for bearing with me!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

you are in my thoughts as all of this new adjusting is happening!

Hang in there. you are doing a FANTASTIC job.

Unknown said...

You are my kind of woman - I can tell by your stock up list.

Madame Queen said...

I'm thinking of signing Punkin up for dance class and the teacher has very rigid rules about the color of tights and leotards. What's up with that?

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

mmm, vienna sausages. you know what's also great? fritos and canned bean dip.

fall soccer is supposed to start this weekend for me, but i think we will even be affected by Hannah enough to cancel games on sat and sun.

procrastinators unite! ;)