Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Three Things

Here are three things that occurred in my world today:

#1: Apparently sometime after I put on the scanty dash of powder that counts as make-up in my book and my Very Important Chief Of Staff meeting I grew a great big zit on my chin. I discovered it while I was rubbing my chin thoughtfully and became obsessed with it over the course of the meeting. In my mind it was as big as a quarter, red as a baboon's arse, seeping ooze and everyone was staring at it. In reality they were probably just wondering why I was suddenly doing everything in my power to cover my face with my notebook. Or, and most likely, nobody noticed because (despite what I may believe) I'm not actually the center of the universe.

#2: I cut my nails. While this may not seem noteworthy to some - to me it's a big deal. I used to be a compulsive nail biter and consequently had the ugliest nails and cuticles on the Eastern Seaboard. Now they are neat, trimmed and no longer able to slice open my daughter's face. I'm not sure when or why I stopped biting them - but I'm glad none-the-less.

#3(a): I have decided that going out to lunch, special Mexican dinners and alcohol will be put on hold indefinitely. All of the wedding fun and festivities left me feeling rather uncomfortably tight in my uniform and I don't intend to go out and buy new pants. So, strict dieting will be enforced from this date until further notice. Consider this fair warning for any future mood swings and be glad you're neither my neighbor nor co-worker.

#3(b): I have also decided that I. Hate. Pants. They only reaffirm the fact that YES, DEAR GOD I did overindulge and by golly I liked it so much I did it some more. I'm boycotting pants from now until I decide my ass looks good in them again. phoey.

So, that's what's going on in my world - how about yours?

5 comments:

Laura B. said...

Grr....I hate pimples....

Grrr....I hate dieting....

Grr....I hate pants.....

But I do love rainy days where you can sleep in, puppy dog kisses, snuggling up on the couch with a good book, hugs from sonmeone you love, and a good cup of coffee.

:0)

Madame Queen said...

Don't you hate it when you discover a zit like that and you don't have a chance to see what it really looks like? I always imagine that they're bigger than they are.

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

lol @ the center of the universe comment... i hate zits! like you say - just remember that they are never as noticeable to others as you think they are!

i'm on a strict diet and exercise routine too! i decided that i'm not happy when i'm fat. and when mama's not happy, ain't NOBODY happy.

Cutie Judy said...

3 Things I learned Today:

1) People are basically stupid

2) My Boss is certifiably insane

3) 'New York Driver' is an Oxymoron

Thx for askin!

jp

ps~ I hate socks!

Matter Of Fact Mommy said...

i tagged you for the 10 random meme... have never tagged you before and it's been a while since i've seen a meme floating around... so, have fun! ;)