Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday Classics - A little Verdi

And by "little" I mean a very little. I'm only posting the Prelude to Act I from Verdi's famed opera La Traviata. I had the opportunity to see this opera in Columbia, SC when I was a freshman in high school. At the time, I didn't know much about opera - but I liked what I saw.

This piece isn't very long but it is so sweet and lovely. I especially like that point at 1:18 where it breaks into a dreamy waltz.

Oh, I'm a sucker for waltzes and this waltz is divine. The hesitation... The anticipation... I can only imagine being in my beau's arms while spinning through a ballroom to this incredible music...

Too bad it's so brief.

At any rate - here is the tune. Sorry there isn't much more in the way of a slide-show. Just dour (and slightly skeptical) old Mr. Verdi for the most part. Still, it's the music that counts. And I love it.

2 comments:

Krimmyk said...

I understand the idea of being in some gorgeous guys arm and being lead across the floor!

Kate said...

Beautiful!