Thursday, December 10, 2009

Randomness and Spam

First of all – I’ve been getting lots of spam. Spam of the Asian variety – so I can’t even read what it’s saying. However, if it’s anything like the other spam I’ve received it probably has to do with penis size and how to keep it up longer. Not that either of those subjects is ever discussed on my blog, but whatever.

Speaking of penises… The lovely Logical Libby did a post about Tiger Wood’s penis yesterday and it had me in stitches. She basically pointed out that his penis must be something special because why else would national news give it so much coverage? And this got me thinking about other news like Tiger Wood’s penis – you know, Balloon Boy, Jon and Kate, Brittany’s shaved head, Madonna’s adoption etc… Why on earth is this shit “breaking news?”

I have a theory – it’s because most Americans are afraid to discuss the real news. Most Americans would rather discuss the person who was voted off of Survivor (ahem) than the debate on Health Care. Most Americans don’t want to “make waves” and get in heated discussions about relevant news items because it might mean that they won’t fit in. So the networks give us something to talk about that won’t rock the boat. It’s a shame, really. We’re being dumbed down because it’s easier than voicing a different opinion.

Well, that’s my two cents anyway. Not that I watch the news – other than local weather and traffic. Honestly, I had no idea about the Balloon Boy thing, but I did think it was silly for all the news networks to get their panties in a wad over being duped. Yes, I’ll stick with my reality shows and Christmas Specials thank-you-very-much.

As for the spam, sorry – but the word verification must go back up. Hey – if I’m not getting royalties for advertising some awesome Asian penis enlargement medicine, then I’m not going to play. BTW, how many times did I use the word penis in this post? Six, I think. My new record!

9 comments:

Mary said...

I couldn't agree with you more...

Krimmyk said...

See I don't like to start waves, more like tsunamis! I am all about network news, I'm sure you can ascertain which just by reading my blog.

It sucks you are being spammed by whoever. Time to pull out the "Gibbs Slap!"

I still love that pic of Muffin, she really does look like a princess at her royal ball. Hope all is well other wise.

Bev said...

Ugh, I hear ya on the Spammers! I had to turn on comment moderation, it was so bad!

I agree also, re: Tiger and why we focus on celebs so much.

Kate said...

Fie dolla, me ruff you long tie.


(What spammers?)

Unknown said...

Not all e-mails about penis enlargement methods are spam.

Anonymous said...

I have been thinking about this post for a day and I just wanted to say that you are exactly right about the media becoming a distraction from the important things like war. I am so over the Tiger news breaks and all of the stupid crap that is not relevant at all!
I really like that provoking thought. You are wise young Padawan. The force is strong in you.

Anonymous said...

You can't have a post about Spam and not mention Monty Python can you? Well, maybe so.

RE: "Dumbing down".... Amen.

And finally, Penis.

Babe in Babeland said...

You are too funny!

I totally agree. Breaking news is such BULLSHIT nowadays! A waste of time. Give me some REALLY stories please. Tiger can't keep his damn penis in his pants--it's totally messed up, but must that be the top story of the evening news every day??

Mala said...

Watch out, the word verf. doesn't slow down the bots. They were extra busy today over at my place talking about massive poos, placentas and their "first time". Ugh!
And my bots are from India... I'm this close to turning on the ol' comment moderation as well.

Happy New Year!